Luu Vinh (VINH)
ICC International Court of Arbitration | Arbitration
Training Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) | Associate
Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (UK) | Accredited
Mediator Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center | Mediator
ASIA LEGAL | Managing Partner
7th Floor, Rural Today Newspaper Building, Lot E2, Duong Dinh Nghe Str., Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
T: +84 2269 3399 | M: +84 91 626 3656
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.asialegal.vn
Vinh also spent several years working for Indochine Counsel, a well-known business law firm, headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, in a role of Head of Hanoi Office, where he advised on foreign investment, corporate & commercial matters, cross-border mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructurings, property & construction and dispute resolution.
Before taking on the role of the Head of Hanoi Office of Indochine Counsel, Vinh served for several years as the Senior Manager and Assistant to the General Director of InvestConsult Group, a major local law firm based in Hanoi. There he managed, supervised and coordinated the legal team. In that role, he provided legal advice in the areas of international trade, cross-border mergers & acquisition, employment and labour, incorporation and foreign direct investment. He also developed and refined the strategic direction and implementation of legal consultancy services.
Key clients of Vinh’s include Global Law Group (USA), Amer Asia Law (USA), Lan Chi Group of Companies, PiCO, NEM Fashion Group, Toyo Group, Toto Vietnam, FCC Vietnam, Federal-Mogul Vietnam, GF Machining Solution, Soft Chemical Corporation, Soft Industry Corporation, Matsuo, Alpha Industries Vietnam, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd, Georg Fischer AG, Jebsen & Jessen Group of Companies in Vietnam, Cisco Systems Management B.V, KT International, LG Electronics, Sumitomo Group, Toyota Vietnam, Vietnam Airlines, Song Da Corporation, McKinsey & Company, Techcombank, Starglobe Ltd (Switzerland), Toyota Tshusho, CJ Vietnam.
- Employment & Labour
- Corporate & Commercial
- Merger & Acquisition
- Dispute Resolution
- Inward Investment
- Outward Investment
- International Trade
- Property & Construction
- Mining & Energy
- Certificate of Attendance, ICC Institute of World Business Law Program of the Institute for the Development of Arbitration Training by ICC International Court of Arbitration
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- Accredited Mediator, Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (UK)
- LLB, Hanoi Law University
- Lawyer Training, Judicial Academy
- BA, University of Languages & International Studies (Vietnam National University)
- Certificate of Effective Presentation Skill, Art of Communication
- Certificate of Public Relations (Academy of Journalism and Communication)
- Certificate of Fiscal Policy and Public Finance Analysis, (National Project Management Unit, Committee for Financial & Budgetary Affairs of Vietnam National Assembly)
- Advised and successfully resolved a labor dispute between a Taiwan-invested corporation in Vietnam and its 150 employees who are selected to terminate the labor contract as consequence of poor business performance in Vietnam.
- Advised and successfully resolved a labor dispute between a Japan-invested enterprise in Vietnam and its employees who are sent abroad for training.
- Advised and successfully resolved a labor dispute between Matsuo Vietnam Company Limited (Japan-invested) and its three Managers.
- Advised and successfully resolved a labor dispute on the training expenses between Toyoda Van Moppes Company Limited (Japan-invested) and its employee.
- Advised and successfully resolved an international commercial dispute between a Vietnamese client and its partner in Sultanate of Oman by way of negotiations.
- Advised and successfully resolved a commercial dispute between a Hong Kong invested enterprise and a Vietnamese enterprise by way of discussion and negotiation.
- Advised, drafted and finalized the Joint-venture Agreement, and assisted in setting up a joint-venture company between Dat Xanh Mien Bac and Toyo Group (Japan).
- Advised a Japanese-owned enterprise to acquire 30% shares of a local company mainly engaging in fast food production and distribution.
- Advised a local group to acquire 70% shares in a hospital in Hanoi.
- Advised NEM Fashion Group, a leading and luxurious fashion group in Vietnam to sell 70% of its shares to Stripe International, a Japan-based fashion group.
- Assisted Mobifone to draft and finalize 17 contracts in construction areas, including consultancy contracts, construction contracts, EPC contracts, valuation contracts and security contracts.
- Conducted a comprehensive legal due diligence onto Dai Viet – Dung Quat Cement Project of Central Region Cement JSC, a subsidiary of Vietnam National Cement Industry Corporation.
- Advised and assisted FLC Group, one of the leading real estate investors in Vietnam to work with Accor Group; reviewed and acted on behalf of FLC Group to negotiate terms/ provisions of various agreements for FLC Quy Nhon Beach and Golf Resort, including hotel consultancy services agreement, hotel consultancy services agreement, hotel management agreement.
- Advised and assisted FLC Group, one of the leading real estate investors in Vietnam to work with Mövenpick Group; reviewed and acted on behalf of FLC Group to negotiate terms/ provisions of various contracts for FLC Ha Long Bay Golf Club & Luxury Resort, including marketing & central services agreement, trademark license agreement, hotel management agreement, technical services agreement.
- Advised Lan Chi Group of Companies to sell 51% of its shares to Central Group Thailand.
- Advised a foreign-owned company to acquire 100% shares of a joint stock company owning a jetty in Quang Ninh.
- Advised a foreign-owned company to acquire mining right of two milestone mines with a total land area of approximately 20ha in the North of Vietnam.
- Advised a foreign-owned company to acquire mining right of one milestone mine with a total land area of approximately 15 ha in the North of Vietnam.
- Advised an USA–based company in foreign shareholding and transaction structure for effective control of a local company (Stage 1) and assisted in conducting proposed transaction (Stage 2).
- Acted for a foreign-owned company to acquire a limestone mine with a total land area of 14.8ha in Quang Ninh province.
- Advised and acted for Vietnam Alliance Minerals, a foreign-owned enterprise to acquire 70% equity of a local company, conducted due diligence and prepared the transaction documents for the purpose of equity acquisition.
- Acted as the legal counsel for Hai Dang Minerals JSC in Thanh Hoa Province to transfer an iron ore mine, located in two districts of Thanh Hoa province, with a total land area of 270ha to Fecon Foundation Engineering & Underground Construction JSC.
- Advised and acted for Jebsen & Jessen Group of Companies (a foreign-owned group) in Vietnam to terminate the Premises Rental Contract and claim for deposit and unused rental fee from Phan Hoa Investment and Trading Joint Stock Company.
- Advised and acted for a foreign-owned company to acquire a marble stone mine in Yen Bai Province.
- Advised a foreign-owned company to acquire land for its expansion of the marble stone project in Yen Bai province. § Acted as the team leader to conduct legal due diligence for re-structuring Song Da Group; assisted the international partner, i.e McKinsey & Company in all legal issues in relation to the project and drafted internal documents including charter, regulations and other documents required for daily operation of Song Da Group.
- Acted as the team leader to review the Shareholder’s Agreement between a number of local companies and LGL Commodities Pty Ltd - an Australia headquartered enterprise specializing in the supply of wheat to various wheat producers in the world when such local companies acquired shares of LGL Commodities Pty Ltd.
- Reviewed and provided legal advice to Vietnam Airlines with respect to the Business Service Agreement, Share Transfer Agreement, Shareholder’s Agreement, Charter and other related documents between Vietnam Airlines and Qantas Group.
- Advised Starglobe, an international steel trader, and acted as Vietnam counsel to resolve dispute with a local steel trading company headquartered in Dong Nai.